Hello from Slovenia

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ace
Passed Theory

Hello from Slovenia

Postby ace » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:14 pm

Hi!

I am registered on this forum for some time and I think I should introduce myself.
I am Nejc from Slovenia, 21 years old, a student of Computer Science and Mathematics... Enough about me...

Me and my gf got a Megane II last year (november), so I am the owner for almost a year now.

So... the car is 1.6 16V, Dynamique (I think). It was produced May, 2006.
It came as original as it can be. Only the windows (rear and all side) were tinted and the car didn't have an antenna.
It had 26.000 km (~16.200 miles) when I got it. Now it has 41.000 km (~25.500 miles).

I needed to buy new winter and summer tyres, so it was quite expensive to buy alloys too. Anyway, I have stock 16 inch alloys. But I have a plan to change them to at least 17 inch (maybe even 18).

The first "project" was to add an original CD changer. Got it off eBay.
Then I bought new speakers. Front TS-Q131C and TS-G1303 to rear.

The next things I want to do:
- Replace the antenna with a good one (the reception on this one isn't that good). But I don't like the stock antenna. Any suggestions?
- Buy original retouch paint to repair some scratches from small stones on bonnet and sides.

And the problems I had till now:
- The rain sensor stopped working. The dealer said, some gel in the sensor fell off the windshield. I would have to replace it, but it was quite expensive (I think 200€), so I took it to dealers for rewiring (now I have "regular" screen wiper functionality).
- From time to time, the interior lighting doesn't work (just the speed, rpm... area). So I have to turn the car off, open door, close door, restart car and everything works. I didn't have time to look into it. :-)

I think that is all I wanted to say...

Anyway... thanks to all for a great forum! A big source of information for Megane owners.

Nejc

Return to “Introductions”