Potentially new megane mk2 owner

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Gt160
Currently Drives:: Mg zr 160

Potentially new megane mk2 owner

Postby Gt160 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Hi just joined and it seems an informative site, i always like to join the owners forum before purchasing a car. I have had my beloved mg zr 160 for about 10years now, it is still going strong, but time has come to buy a sensible family sized car with an economical mpg. ( its not all doom and gloom im keeping the zr and as i do like the look of the megane)

Ive only begun searching over the last few days and am confused by the different models in particular to the diesel engine power and gears available. In my mind it would make sense to go for the 1.5dci with 110 bhp with six gears.

Normally you tend to find some engines within the range or certain years of cars are better etc, so i was hoping for some recommendations. It will be doing a lot of miles, around 2000miles a month.

Im guessing there maybe a sticky somewhere with this info but have not come across one yet despite looking in the preownership questions, so this maybe being posted in the wrong place to, but just thought i would say hi and thanks for any help in advance.

Thanks

PhilWainwright
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane CC (57)

Re: Potentially new megane mk2 owner

Postby PhilWainwright » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:40 pm

Hi there,
I have had mine a couple of weeks now, and I think it puts my old merc in the shade...

I have a 1.9 diesel turbo, 82,000 on the clock, all the bells and whistles. I am getting more to the gallon round town than I was getting in the merc on a good run....

I have the Dymanique and am a very happy owner :D
ImageImage

Et In Arcadia Ego

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Potentially new megane mk2 owner

Postby Stranger » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:17 am

Hello Gt160 and welcome along :tu

Pro's and con's with everything but if I were doing that sort of mileage I'd be looking at the 1.9 for a more relaxed experience and probably better economy.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Introductions”