Renault since 1991

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

BanditRider
Currently Drives:: 2006 MK II 2.0 Aut0 + 2001 Mk I 1.6 Auto

Renault since 1991

Postby BanditRider » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi all, when a salesman first asked if would be interested in a Renault I almost laughed til I cried.

I was buying a brand new car, favouring a Vauxhall Astra GTE 16V, but they had just ended the tear drop shape and moving to the boxier slab model . waiting list was long, so the salesman asked i fancied an R19 16 Valve .. Id seen the adverts but hey its a Renault, French and etc etc .

But anyway , he managed to arrange a test drive and that was it ... I kept that 19 16 valve for 14 years - bodywork is what killed it , so then with a young family the first Scenic arrived , what a car, all sorts of storage , drove ok (not like my 19 but hey ... ) . We liked it so much we then bought one for my partner too, monaco priv, 1.9 diesel ..

Had then another Mk 1 this time an Auto 1.6 , and replaced the monaco after 7 years with the MK 2 Priv 2.0 Lt Auto .

So renault in the blood , and scenics all the way .. And all because Vauxhall changed their model ..
Why do 4 wheels when 2 will do ? (unless its moving furniture or plasterboards :D :)

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Renault since 1991

Postby Stranger » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:41 pm

Hello there BanditRider and welcome along :tu

What a great intro, Vauxhall's loss is Renaults gain and Privilege spec for your other half is very nice 8-)
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Introductions”