Hi everyone,

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

smarty2
Currently Drives:: Ford Focus
Renault Megan 58 Saloon 1.6 vvt Dynamique

Hi everyone,

Postby smarty2 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:22 pm

I bought a 1.6 Dynamique Saloon 58 reg, at the test drive, the indicators stuck when turning left. As agreed this was fixed before I got it at their expense and I think it was probably 300 + labour. They couldn't get the radio to work on the code supplied with the car and said I needed to contact Renaut. Odd thing, it is an automatic, not sure if that has any bearing, when I press the brake peddal and press the start button it sounds like there is noise from the foot brake being fed as feedback through the speakers for a short time?
Anyway, checking on the electrical diagram fault tree analysis, trying the code several times which didn't work, I searched through the paperwork and found another hand written code which bought the radio to life. Appart from this feedback I have a question of best practice before I start .
It is 58 registered with 35600 on the clock, I have a book of service stamps but no details of servicing completed, I am getting the timing belt, auxiliry belt, tensioners and water pump changed.
The car had a Evans Halshaw vehicle health check before I got it, duff radio and indicator does not fill me with confidence of this check. Are there any recomendations beyond what I'm doing you think may be wise.
Cheers,
Smarty2

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Hi everyone,

Postby Stranger » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:33 pm

Hello Smarty2 and welcome along :tu

Not many folk look in here so I suggest posting in the Problems / Questions forum with your issues as you'll get a better response ;)
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

smarty2

Postby smarty2 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:01 pm

Hi,
thanks for the sign post, the noise feedback seems to have disapeared from the speakers now the radio is in a working condition. I think I will do an oil and filter change, check the brake material and see where the previous owner serviced the vehicle, and see if they retain records.
Cheers,
Smarty2

smarty2

Postby smarty2 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi,
just a follow up, the dealership the car was shipped from checked on their records and found it had a full service and all brake disks, drums and pads replaced before sale by previous owner, I did the timing and aux belt, tensioners, pulleys and water pump. Runs great.
Smarty

Return to “Introductions”