Hello, I'm new to this forum. Joined because I'm having such a stressful time with my 1.5dci scenic Dynamique.

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Nessie
Currently Drives:: 56 plate Renault scenic Dynamique 1.5 dci

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Joined because I'm having such a stressful time with my 1.5dci scenic Dynamique.

Postby Nessie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:11 pm

So I have a 56 plate scenic and woke up on 12/9/17 to take my daughter to college for her first day and the car had no clutch... Card in slot, depress clutch pedal and no response from engine, pedal travel was about 2 inches. I called my ex-husband who said I needed a new clutch. So in his words "he forced the car to start" and drive it to his preferred garage. They replaced the clutch, concentric slave cylinder also did an oil and filter change(as I was already going to get this done due to the service light telling me to the week before). I got the car back on 14/9/17. Changing gear felt weird to me. 1st, 3rd & 5th felt spongy on the gear stick. 2nd & 4th felt normal, or what I was used to. And the pedal the next day didn't return to full extension. I had to put my tie under it and lift it up. This happened a few times. But then 10 days later on the 24th it turned over really laboured and wouldn't fire. Let it a few seconds and with slight throttle and clutch it started. Went to collect my daughter but left engine running for fear it would refuse again. Next morning seemed kk so took her to college and after a 30 min meeting the was no response when trying to start again, 2 seconds of pressing the button and it was like the battery was taking its last breath, if you know what I mean. Anyway called the ex again. When we were trying to jump start it the display kept changing, looked confused. I had to walk away from the car with the key card, lock and unlock the car twice. Anyway, he found there was a missing nut on the starter motor holding the Alternator connector in place, so he put a locking nut on and We charged it via jump leads from his van. It started. I drove to our local popular autoshop and had a battery and alternator test. These came back OK. I took it for a quick run at 70mph to be sure and went home. 2 days later was OK, took hubby to his work and it failed again. His colleagues put a new battery on and changed the Nut, cleaning the surfaces. Next morning... Key card in depress clutch... NOTHING! HELP ME PLEASE GUYS. What do you think? I'm thinking they did something wrong when changing the clutch, maybe? We're clueless whether to blame the garage, it was very reliable before the clutch went. Thank you

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum. Joined because I'm having such a stressful time with my 1.5dci scenic Dynamique.

Postby Stranger » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:57 am

Hello Nessie and welcome along :tu

If you haven't already post your issues in the problems / questions forum ;)
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Introductions”