Last Renault I buy

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

gray1962

Last Renault I buy

Postby gray1962 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:14 pm

Hi

I'm new to this forum and wish I had known about you all before buying my current megane 1.9 DCi.

Before this one I had the scenic bought for £10,000 15 mths old. After two months the display showed the need for a service ( funny as the renault main agent said they had done it before my family and I had picked it up) When I questioned this at Renault I was ushered away from the main desk and other customers and they arranged to take it in the next week.
The actual repair bill was over £700,this include all the brakes replaced plus discs.But they didn't even offer a replacement vehicle to use whilst the work which they said had already been done was completed.

My current Renault is as stated a megane 1.9DCi 03 model.
I noticed a slight whine which I suspected was the turbo I had it checked straight away and told is was normal.
You probably suspect what I am now going to put and yes 6 days later it is parked in a street 5 miles from my home with a blown turbo waiting to be towed into a friends garaged to see what I can salvage from it.
I've been lucky to have owned it for 5 mths though trouble free which isn't bad for a renault apparently.
It has 74,000 miles on it with a full service history but Renault aren't interested as they say there isn't a problem on the turbos.

I for one will be going back to a toyota

If anyone wants to know the names of the garages in question please mail me and I will supply you with the details

I live in the Hull area.

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:25 pm

sorry to hear of your problems.
so i guess it`s welcome to the forum and goodbye at the same time!!
you should name + shame them in the `dealers` section on here mate.

Return to “Introductions”