installing an active sub

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ommid
Currently Drives:: Megane Dynamique 1.6 VVT-i

Re: installing an active sub

Postby Ommid » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:48 am

I ran the remote wire from the ISO on the standard headunit, which do you have?

beatmonkeytwo

Postby beatmonkeytwo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:26 pm

06 Update list stereo. What colour wire was it?

Brownsome
Currently Drives:: 2003 Renault megane II 1.5 dCi

Postby Brownsome » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:38 am

The most useful guide out there. my sub would still have been sat in the house if it wasnt for you. cheers dude :cool:
1.5 dCi megane II, 1600w vibe cbr 12" active evo.

Diffbuster
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane Dynamique 1.5dCi. 3 door. 80hp

Postby Diffbuster » Sun May 15, 2011 12:29 pm

Andi.R wrote:did u not put the power lead through the big grommet or is it down the ide of grommet against the metal if it is good luck your car doesnt catch fire if it shorts
I agree. There is a small rubber bung on the wire loom grommet, I think it is made for the amp power wire for a factory fitted extra.
My car may not be quick. But I rarely see the pumps. And I'm laughing all the way to the post office to pay my road tax.

foadek
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane 1.5 DCI

Postby foadek » Mon May 16, 2011 7:51 am

lovely stuff mate! took me a lot less longer than i thought it would, a few cuts and grazes on my hand but finally got there in then end.

arran.vigar
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II 03

Postby arran.vigar » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:45 pm

I presume you have already done it but for those who are wondering the same question; can you wire an amp into a standard head unit? Yes it is possible.

You need autoleads PC1-601 line output connecters.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_186391_langId_-1_categoryId_165626

these will give you a pre-out one red one white/black. You have to crimp/attach these to the rear speaker cables in the wiring loom behind the headunit.

As for the REM you attach this to the blue wire if unsure then use a multimeter to test which one has a low amperage output but only when the radio is turned on. If you cannot find this then an ignition live SHOULD be sufficient. But it should be on a low amperage.

Hope this helps people

willholdsworth
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 59 plate Megane cc Dynamique s

Postby willholdsworth » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:07 pm

arran.vigar wrote:I presume you have already done it but for those who are wondering the same question; can you wire an amp into a standard head unit? Yes it is possible.

You need autoleads PC1-601 line output connecters.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_186391_langId_-1_categoryId_165626

these will give you a pre-out one red one white/black. You have to crimp/attach these to the rear speaker cables in the wiring loom behind the headunit.

As for the REM you attach this to the blue wire if unsure then use a multimeter to test which one has a low amperage output but only when the radio is turned on. If you cannot find this then an ignition live SHOULD be sufficient. But it should be on a low amperage.

Hope this helps people

Ok so Im having an issue finding a wire to use as the REM, Ive found a blue wire, but when I connect it to it, the head unit goes to "Mute"

Im having a real problem getting it to work or to find any wire for the remote with to connect to. You can see in the picture where ive got the blue wire connected to on the left side of the picture .... Your help is appreciated!!!

p/s this is in my 55plate meg 225

Image Owner of a 59 Plate Chipped 1.9dci CC + Inferno Orange Megane Sport 225

willholdsworth
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 59 plate Megane cc Dynamique s

Postby willholdsworth » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:05 pm

Actually im going to create a seperate thread for this, because im desperate! haha
Image Owner of a 59 Plate Chipped 1.9dci CC + Inferno Orange Megane Sport 225

STH
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.5 dCi 106 Dynamique, Gold Coloured Bumpers, Rear Parking Sensors, Panoramic roof, CD Changer

Postby STH » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:05 am

wyuen1 wrote:
STH wrote:I am considering getting a sub for my megane, however i want to use the original head unit. Is this possible? Cheers

yeh its possible but you'll need to get a feed from the rear speakers as the original head unit doesn't have pre-amps like after market HU. i thinks this is what you http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3794.html

thanks buddy for the link
1.5 dCi 106 Dynamique, Quarts Colour Coded Bumpers, Rear Parking Sensors, Panoramic roof, CD Changer

lholland421
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.5 Renault megane dci 57 plate

Postby lholland421 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:56 pm

hi can anyone tell me where there is an earthing point in the boot of the megane please ? picture maybe?

danbrazier

Postby danbrazier » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Wow. I haven't been *here* for a while. Thanks for all the thanks guys, imagine my surprise when this thread is still pretty near the top! I recall my earthing point of choice was one of the seatbelt brackets? Or maybe behind a blanking plate in the boot trim. I actually have had a few cars (and bikes) since this write-up - sorry I'm vague! I'm only back here as I'm about to pick up a cheap Megane Estate for a Winter project! I'll see you around and will definitely make sure I take pictures to look at in 3 years time ;)

stevens1975
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Sport

Postby stevens1975 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:20 am

Hi Guys.

Looking to do this on my Renault, but the image links are broken? Can anyone point me in the right direction of a guide with images.

Many thanks

James

Return to “ICE”