For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Markjohnstonn
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 5dr 1.5 dci Megane

Re: Clueless about HID's and Xenons

Postby Markjohnstonn » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:47 am

think ill just wait and get the HIDs when im back from the holiday then :cool:

also my chrome indicator bulbs arrived today, anyone any idea how easy these are to fit ?
Thanks, Mark

ikhan
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 DCi (106)

Postby ikhan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:26 am

Should be just twist / turn and pull the bulb holder out for the indicators.

On a side note, where are the ballasts mounted for the HID's (I'm thinking of the restricted space in the engine bay).

Also, with the autolights, do the HID's work ok with this feature turned on as apparently some cars fitted with autolights sapp power from the ballasts during starting the engine and this causes them to flicker due to low power. There is a device available for this but I was just wondering if the Magne does ok without them?

Lastly, are we using extra relay's for the HID's (I'm using a separate relay on my other car)
Renault Megane 1.5dCi (106)
Lowered 45mm (Spax)
RenaultSport R26 Front & Rear Bumpers, Spoilers, Door Bullets, & Exhaust
6000k HIDs (H7 & H11), LED Side, No Plate, & Interior Lights
18" Inovit Tarmac Alloys (matt black)

mattyc25
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: megane mk2

Postby mattyc25 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:15 pm

not sure mate.
Ive never had a car with auto headlamps before, but i dont see why they shouldnt, none of the wiring is altered in any way, so yeh it should work.
If you take off the bumper you'll see a lot more places you can mount you ballasts. I had to do this to find a place to mount mine.
If you havent done them yet be carefull with the full beam, i ended up having to remove one of my headlights to retreive the spring clip for my bulb lol

Matt
2009 Megane MK2 1.6 16v VVT, Rear Tinted Windows, 18 Kei Force 10 Hyper Black, Painted Calipers, Lowered 45mm, Full 12000k HID's, R26.R Spoiler

ikhan
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 DCi (106)

Postby ikhan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi Matt, thanks for that.

I know it makes sense to do the high beam, but I might just leave them as standard as they're not used often enough. Probably will depend on the overall cost in the end.

Has anyone used the H7C burners? I was thinking of using them. They are shorter still, but downside is the burner has a slightly shorter service life
Renault Megane 1.5dCi (106)
Lowered 45mm (Spax)
RenaultSport R26 Front & Rear Bumpers, Spoilers, Door Bullets, & Exhaust
6000k HIDs (H7 & H11), LED Side, No Plate, & Interior Lights
18" Inovit Tarmac Alloys (matt black)

Markjohnstonn
Learner Driver

Postby Markjohnstonn » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:57 pm

Incase anyones read this and considering getting the cheap 'xenon' bulbs i put a link up of.. dont bother!
Mines arrived today and when fitted they burned and smoked immediately and changed from the white/blue to the standard yellowish colour !
Guessing my lights'll be staying yellow for a while ! lol

mattyc25
Pass Plus

Postby mattyc25 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:06 pm

See :P

You wouldn't have that problem with HID's.

Im still running the same bulbs that came with the kit, and i fitted the kit to my car 2 n a half years ago lol. Just get the Hid's, at the end of the day if you do find that your having problems with other drivers etc once theyre in, its quite simply a 10 minute job to take them out again.

Matt
2009 Megane MK2 1.6 16v VVT, Rear Tinted Windows, 18 Kei Force 10 Hyper Black, Painted Calipers, Lowered 45mm, Full 12000k HID's, R26.R Spoiler

Markjohnstonn
Learner Driver

Postby Markjohnstonn » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:25 pm

definetely going to get hids after this holiday in a few weeks :D
going to get the car lowered 30mm, passenger window fixed :banghead, HIDS !! and fit the phase 2 tail-lights soon im back :D

and thanks for the advice on the HIDs everyone :cool:

mattyc25
Pass Plus

Postby mattyc25 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:19 pm

You'll have to post a pic up, give us all a look once theyre done.

Um forgot to mention you dont have to get blue/white. HID kits come from 5000k all the way to 15000k.

Closest match to factory fitted are white, and they are 6000k. My set are 12000k, hence the blue colour.

Any website which sells them all have charts anyway, so you can see what you think would suit you best.

Matt

Irishboy32
Currently Drives:: A 2008 megan

Postby Irishboy32 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:09 am

Hi lads I wanted to fit the hid kit to my car to only because I have the projectors now one thing has my head wrecked is the new cars I see a lot of them have hids on them and they are bright and there is no wiper washing system yet they get away with it I have seeming blue hid kits fitted into reflector housing and it looks horrible

Return to “Modifications”