Rear brake discs

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Steviboi
Currently Drives:: 2007 Megane 2 1.9 dcI.

Rear brake discs

Postby Steviboi » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Anyone know much about the rear brakes on these. I need to fit new discs and pads in the rear for mot. I have 240mm discs so thought I would fit the 270mm rears from a 2.0 vvt. But first I need to know if the caliper carriers are different or is the axle different. Has anyone one done the upgrade? Thansk.

Oliver
Just Passed

Re: Rear brake discs

Postby Oliver » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:28 am

Hi,

here is an overview with the partnumbers. The pads are the same, but also the calipers itself have different partnumbers not only the carriers.

But anyway I would like to give you the advice to be carefull with the rear brakes, as they are essential for stability during braking. If the brake balance isn´t O.K. anymore and especially if it is shifted to the rear, this might lead to dangerous situations, even with ESP and ABS.

I have a 2005 1.6 Grandtour with the 270mm discs at rear, and I always suffer from rust and corosion at the rear discs, which is claimed at nearly every mot (TÜV in Germany), so this is another reason to stay with the original ones.

I made the conversion to 300mm at the front with my Grandtour. As I have the older Version with the Bosch calipers (till 11/2005), it was clear that it was only necessary to get the other carriers and discs, ant that´s it.
best regards
Oliver

Steviboi
Currently Drives:: 2007 Megane 2 1.9 dcI.

Re: Rear brake discs

Postby Steviboi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:20 pm

Thanks for your reply it was a straight forward swop with the vvt 270mm rear discs, calipers and carrier's.. just looks a lot better with the bigger disc now. Will be fitting 300 fronts next. Thanks.

Return to “Modifications”