am i mad ????????

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

am i mad ????????

Postby Phil and Liz » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:07 pm

my first megane was a 2005 dci dynamique which did me proud ans apart from the windows and steering arm wear was no real hassle, in 2009 i bought a 3 door dci dynamique and apart from windows, water in number plates and all four discs too soon has not been a really big problem car. i've now been looking at a series 3 and what really pisses me off is dealer attitude, are they selling that many they don't care? local dealer offered £1500 in p/ex for a delivery mileage dci dynamique at £13k, my megane having done only 50k is not exactly high mileage, usual excuses from dealer ' it's at cost price cos it's pre-reg' ,no mate its dropped 6k cos there's a new model on its way and 4k of that is renault promotion anyway, also its second hand . now can ayone tell me where i can gat a 2008 diesel low mileage for less than 4k ? i was looking to replace my winter car, a hyundai getz 2003 and to get a diesel would be nearly 4k with 65k on the clock. so what i'm looking at is a 62 plate motorpoint dci dynamique tom tom at a price £10499 with 13k miles on

am i mad or are the new ones better than the old ones ? i can live with the 08 as a winter car
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: am i mad ????????

Postby AlexB » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:16 am

Just don't test drive the cup version of anything made in Alpine factory in Dieppe, or there will be no way back! They are actually quite affordable and more comfortable than one may expect.

If you are after a bargain at £4k, then a far better alternative to Korean styling of Huydai/KIA is VW R32, they do not depreciate much and put a smile on your face. They are perfect in winter!
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:25 pm

In the end I bought a 62 plate dci tom tom from arnold clarke and part exed my winter car and got about a thousand less than i would have got had i let my 08 go. Idea was the 08 became my car and the wife got the new one. One week on and she realises that the new one is the family car and she would be putting fuel in for weekends, so she's kept the 08 and i swap between a 250 scooter and the megane. So far am enjoying the extra 20 bhp, the sat nav, bluetooth and the digital dash, not enjoying high 40's low 50's fuel consumption and a randam setting on the usb input that only randoms the album that is playing, my older i music on the 08 randoms the whole memory stick. after 2 weeks i've finally got a voice on my sat nav.
Phil and Liz Jackson

Lanark

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:55 am

Ah, don't complain about MPG, it's nothing compared to the finance and trade-in. These days one can get an unsecured loan at 4.9% APR, and then the car is yours, completely yours. Many, however, choose to go on a dealer's finance with a contract and pay more (sometimes much more) than 10%, if all additional charges are taken into account, and still have the car owned by somebody else... The difference in the APR corresponds to about £40 a month in your case (I am guessing the typical AC conditions ), which is a lot in terms of fuel.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”