Help me please

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

eddrive26
Currently Drives:: Fiat Punto 1.2

Help me please

Postby eddrive26 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi,

So i am looking at diving in to the world of meganes. I currently drive a fiat punto 1.2 and i am looking for a upgrade in size and comfort. I know that there are a number of know faults with meganes. I am just wondering if there are certain years and or engine type/size that have these faults more then others. Currently looking for a one newer the 2005 with either the 1.4 petrol or the 1.5 DCI?

and just any tips when looking at buying a 2nd hand Megane would be really helpful thanks.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Help me please

Postby Stranger » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:10 pm

Other than the usual; FSH, documented repairs / warranty / garage work be sure to check out all the electrics and I mean all and check carefully for water ingress. Known sites for water ingress are the bulkhead and door cards where the plastic liner has either not been applied properly or has been removed to fit aftermarket or replacemtn speakers and not re-attached correctly. Check all the footwells for damp as a sign of water ingress.

If it were me I'd be looking at the 1.5 dCi and, at that year you're on the crux between 80 / 86 bhp engines and 100 / 106bhp engines (Euro 4 and Euro 5), you need to test drive them to see which you like best but bear in mind that if it has a huge glass sunroof the RFL is going to be more expensive because it's a heavy piece of kit.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Abdelhakim
Currently Drives:: No thing

Re: Help me please

Postby Abdelhakim » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:24 pm

I want to bay a megane 2 engine1.9 dci idont now how to tchose betwene them expression or extreame...etc so pls help me

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”