hello

Discussions around the Mégane 225.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

urn

hello

Postby urn » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:56 pm

hello

joined up to track down a problem with a waterlogged drivers side footwell storage box :sad + a load of sloshing noises coming from behing the dash/bulkhead, a quick search tell me its a common problem with bunged up drainage holes - so that my job for tomorrow, both dipped beam bulbs have recently blown & I didnt find it too much of a problem replacing them thankfully

I've had my '54 plate 3 door Inferno 225 lux for over 2 years now & it's been superb had it dyno'd a while ago & it was producing 251 bhp :D

here it is https://www.cardomain.com/ride/2536308

wanda
F1 Driver

Re: hello

Postby wanda » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:36 am

urn wrote:hello

joined up to track down a problem with a waterlogged drivers side footwell storage box :sad + a load of sloshing noises coming from behing the dash/bulkhead, a quick search tell me its a common problem with bunged up drainage holes - so that my job for tomorrow, both dipped beam bulbs have recently blown & I didnt find it too much of a problem replacing them thankfully

I've had my '54 plate 3 door Inferno 225 lux for over 2 years now & it's been superb had it dyno'd a while ago & it was producing 251 bhp :D

here it is https://www.cardomain.com/ride/2536308

Nice, you should take me for a spin one day ;-)

Toosh
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 1.9 dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch in Black.
Nervasport alloys, Comfort Pack, Full Leather interior, 6 Disc CD Changer,
Panoramic Roof, and loads more stuff.

Postby Toosh » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:32 pm

Welcome. Great looking car that with useful power output :D

wanda wrote:Nice, you should take me for a spin one day ;-)

Me too. I call Shotgun. :lol:
Black 03 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch. Gone but not forgotten.
Black 56 Pug 207 GT 1.6 Turbo

Warrender
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 225 Trophy

Postby Warrender » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:45 pm

Hello mate.

Do a quick search on 'water ingress' its quite a common fault.

Have you got the standard front speakers in your car? (as upgrading them can cause issues).

Basically water can leaking in through the gap (hole) that the speakers are fitted in sure ive seen a post that had pics of this.
Electrically its not a problem as the standard speakers are designed to withstand water ingress behind the door card - and the water will drain out of holes in the bottom of the door card.

however, if you had aftermarket speakers then they wont necessarily b designed to withsdtand water ingress and you may have issues with the speakers becoming damaged.

Cheers
-W

urn

Postby urn » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:16 pm

Warrender wrote:Hello mate.

Do a quick search on 'water ingress' its quite a common fault.

Have you got the standard front speakers in your car? (as upgrading them can cause issues).

Basically water can leaking in through the gap (hole) that the speakers are fitted in sure ive seen a post that had pics of this.
Electrically its not a problem as the standard speakers are designed to withstand water ingress behind the door card - and the water will drain out of holes in the bottom of the door card.

however, if you had aftermarket speakers then they wont necessarily b designed to withsdtand water ingress and you may have issues with the speakers becoming damaged.

Cheers
-W

Hiya, soz for taking so long to reply :oops: the car's totally standard

I think I've cured the problem - cleared both drained holes under the scuttle panel in the engine bay, both bunged up, I think the water was coming in through the air intake for the fan ? Anyway I removed the trim that retained the carpet & took the foam/sound deading material out from the storage compartment & dried it out, touch wood no sloshing noises & no steaming up windows anymore :cool:

Return to “Megane 225”