problems, problems, problems

Discussions around the Mégane 225.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

lukebooth

problems, problems, problems

Postby lukebooth » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:06 am

hi guys bought a 225 around 4 month ago its a 2004 model just out of manufacture's warranty but luckily a took out a extended aa warrranty. anyway had the car about a week and on the motorway lost all power and esp/asp warning light and check injectors appeared, hit the hazzards and pulled over, turned the engine off then restart and was fine. had this same problem around every 200 miles but one day wouldn't cure itself so had to call the aa out, 1 hour later he arrived but sod's law it had reset itself! he put the fault finder on anyway but showed no faults. the garage i bought it from had it in a checked it over but couldn't find a thing. then one day it started ticking over around 300,000 rpms., called the garage and they rcovered it, they managed to sort this, telling me it was a build up of carbon deposits in the throttle body which they cleaned with brake cleaner and car ran fine again for another couple of hundred mile then started with a grinding noise and burning smell and the car wouldn't turn off! got it back home and stalled it to turn it off but lights stuck on so took battery off. garage again recovered it and was the starter motor it had apparently stuck on so they replaced that resulting in a total engine removal to fix! costing £900, glad i took the extended warranty! got the car back running lovely. done around 800 mile coming up to the 30000 mile service, day before i booked it in it came up with the original fault again but this time with the toxic fume sensor light! its reset itself again but without the toxic light going out. have any of you guys experianced anything like this before? can you help please? its going back in tomorrow but im starting to get fed up now which is a shame because i dont want to have to give the car up as i really like the car, as you are all aware its awesome to drive. sorry about the lenghty topic but hope to chat to you all soon and get to know you guys, cheers, luke

laughton
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 225 Trophy.

Re: problems, problems, problems

Postby laughton » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:18 am

The same thing happened to me yesterday. Check injectors followed by ESP/ASR SYSTEM FAULT was displayed on the message screen. I went straight to the Renault garage as i've got 1 months worth of warranty remaining. Its booked in wednesday/thursday. I'll let you know.

mustdash
Currently Drives:: Megane 225 Sport

Re: problems, problems, problems

Postby mustdash » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:04 pm

Laughton - Exactly the same fault with mine - went to my local dealer 3 times amd they still couldnt find the fault (no error messages came up!). G=Happened the other day, and I managed to get a tech in the car (dealer was just up the road). Car is in today, so hopefully will get it sorted!

Return to “Megane 225”