Tyre pressure sensors drving me nuts.

Discussions around the Mégane 225.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Tebs

Tyre pressure sensors drving me nuts.

Postby Tebs » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:43 pm

Hi there. First ime on this site. Great info. I have a 225 on an 05 plate. I do loads of miles and it's currently on just over 57k. Anyway. Everytime I have a new set of tyres (just fitted my fourth set) the damn sensor lights illuminate like a Christmas tree on the dashboard saying either check tyre pressures or STOP!! I have a puncture. I'm fed up of Renault ripping me off for a reset everytime I change my tyres. Have any of you guys had similar issues? If so how do you disconnect the tyre pressure sensors? Thanks in advance. Tebs :-)
Tebs

Partridge

Re: Tyre pressure sensors drving me nuts.

Postby Partridge » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:34 pm

Sorry, Im not really answering this question, more adding to it. This morning, my dash said I had a low inflated tyre. I put some air in, then when I took the air valve off, my tyre vale snapped, thus all the air disappeared. I had to take my tyre to the local garage, who put a regular valve on, so my dash is telling me to stop cos it thinks the trye is flat. Ive just been on to renault and they are quoting me £92 for a new valve. Does anyone out there know if this is covered by the warranty - Renault are playing dumb and saying they will check by the time I take the car in. Ive a Megane Sport, just coming up for 2 years old.

referee

Re: Tyre pressure sensors drving me nuts.

Postby referee » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:10 am

You can get your Renault garage to disable the tyre sensors. all they do is plug the diagnostic laptop in a turn it off should not cost anything
Speed is only relevent if you pass some one

Return to “Megane 225”