ESP and ABS help

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

DCI07
Currently Drives:: renualt megane dynamique , DCI (130bhp)

ESP and ABS help

Postby DCI07 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi all ,

I had a new back tyre fitted on my megane 2.0 DCI 2007 and day later my ABS and ESP light has come on , could this be related to the tyre being changed (a very young man about 18-19 years old did the tyre at "ATS" he did it all himself ,
Thanks any info much appreciated

Also I had a new windscreen fitted today could that have done anything

There is a horrible noise when I turn left :-(

DCI07

Re: ESP and ABS help

Postby DCI07 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:35 pm

Things went bad to worse within minutes , I couldn't move the car ended up being towed home , he told me my front suspension strut had snapped so it was leaning on my wheel , so now it's finding a part as cheap as possible trust it to happen before xmas

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Postby grandadbobby » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi,
if that's the spring gone and you're considering doing it yourself, be warned they are not easy.
Spring or strut, the easiest and cheapest way is a complete used good leg.
Been there got the Tshirt.
Bob.

DCI07

Postby DCI07 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi Bob ,

Thanks for the reply , I wish I had learned mechanics I remember telling my career advisor at school I wanted to be a mechanic and she said "woman don't make it as mechanics" and she went on and on about how weird it was that as I am a woman and that is what I "wanted" to do lol ,

I moved to a village in the middle of nowhere , and garage prices are just ridiculous , with all the other bills I have I just cannot afford to have it repaired via a garage up here , I did ask a mobile mechanic and he said he would charge £70 to fit it (which I think is a brilliant price) , I don't know exactly where to look for the part plus I heard that it is best to do both sides , the recovery mechanic said and showed me mine and he said it has snapped and it's hanging down and rubbing on my tyre ,

When I type in on eBay "front strut leg" I don't get many results ,
Any chance you can help me if you can recommend anything to me (place to get parts cheap) I'd be so grateful
Thank you again ,

I had a dental appointment the following day and I had to take a bus and I kid you not I was 7 hours in total ! , if my car wasn't broken I would have been an hour ! ,

Return to “Problems / Questions”