wiper washer tank Megane II

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

alfro04

wiper washer tank Megane II

Postby alfro04 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi
Any ideas How to remove the wiper washer tank, the motor is intermittent..can i buy just the motor??
regs

ukpassking
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane sport tourer 54 1.9dci

Re: wiper washer tank Megane II

Postby ukpassking » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:16 am

Iam looking for the answer to this also?
when I press for the rear washer jet it works the front?????

kaiat
Passed Theory

Postby kaiat » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:32 pm

You get to the washer tank by removing the front bumper. Not sure if you can buy just the motor, but think it should be possible.

As I have been told, it is the same motor for front and rear. I could be mistaken on this one, but think it works by having the pump rotating one way for the front and the other way for the rear. If it is only working for either the front or the rear, the pump is faulty and you will need to buy a new one.
2005 Mégane Sport Tourer 1.5DCi automatic Image Image

alfro04

Postby alfro04 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:40 pm

thanks...what a job... :(

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:32 pm

Bumper removal/refitting is an art. It can be done in 15 minutes (or 4 hours the first time). Remove under tray (or just the front bolts), trim at the front of the engine bay (I think 3 pieces - two small at the ends and one large centre piece), and a couple of torx screws in the wheel arches + plastic fittings. The KEY is to have an assistant support it (weighs around 5kg) while you figure out where the plastic retaining clips are located (normally 4). The are pressed in with a flat bladed screwdriver to release. They are very easy to snap. Be patient. If you have fog lamps, remember to disconnect them (near side wheel arch - yellow plug).
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

mintsauce55
Currently Drives:: megane 2 1.9dci

Postby mintsauce55 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:30 pm

if you remove the offside front wheel arch liner (just the front half where the inspection hatch is you can get to the washer bottle through there , you can reach in and replce the pump , i got my pump from a citreon dealer , way cheaper than a renault one :-)

Return to “Problems / Questions”