Sounds from Parrot 3200 is wrong

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

fh7116
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique 1.9tDi 120

Sounds from Parrot 3200 is wrong

Postby fh7116 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi guys,

I've just semi-installed my Parrot 3200 LS in my Megane II 1.9tdci. I don't have the instructions but found a how-to video (in French unfortunately) which gave me the information I needed.

I ran the microphone down the A pillar, through behind the clocks and under the auxiliary clock. I replaced the wires with the supplied loom to the back of the radio which seemed quite easy and was obviously too good to be true. The display is to the right of the steering wheel by the door. So I thought it was going quite well until I tried to call someone... To be honest, it's all looking reasonably good except for the fact that the sound only comes out of the tinny speakers by the windscreen, defeating the object a little! I don't know if I've done something wrong, but I can't see how. The only thing I haven't done is plug in the bullet connectors as the mute is already working.

I'm not really sure what I'm asking other than whether anyone has had a similar experience?

All the best and thanks in advance!

Frazer

fh7116

Re: Sounds from Parrot 3200 is wrong

Postby fh7116 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:07 pm

Forget this! For some reason - I suspect a bad connection - this wasn't working, but when I put the radio back it fixed itself. The only issue I have left is that it sometimes won't override the stereo even though I've connected the mute cable.

arran.vigar
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II 03

Postby arran.vigar » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:16 am

Double check the telemute is making a solid connection. Also you could try updating the unit. To do this you require a laptop with Bluetooth and downloading the updated tool from parrot's website. I have an old 3200ls which kept doing that but also freezing a simple update cured it.

fh7116

Postby fh7116 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Thanks for this, I'll give it a go!

Return to “Problems / Questions”