04 Megane Passenger Window wont go up or down

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

scottdmc88
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane dci 1.5

04 Megane Passenger Window wont go up or down

Postby scottdmc88 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:30 am

My passenger window wont go up or down anymore, a few weeks ago this started and i punched the door were the speaker is and it worked again but just doesnt work now, but u can hear it clicking tho, can anyone help please :conf

lholland421
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.5 Renault megane dci 57 plate

Re: 04 Megane Passenger Window wont go up or down

Postby lholland421 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:13 pm

maybe the motor has broken or you have broken the mech inside, i have a similar problem that my drivers side window will stop half way up the window i have to just use the first click on the button, but when its wet it goes straight up ?

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:42 pm

The connector on the regulator is corroded. I can guess the pin number, but clean them all anyway. I'm 90% sure. Read the manual for disassembly instructions.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

scottdmc88
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane dci 1.5

Postby scottdmc88 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:07 pm

Hi do i get acess to the beast lol

Rich B

Postby Rich B » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:18 am

Hi

I guess it may not help you with an 04 car but I thought the following was worthy of mention:

I had the exact same problem on my 08 Sport Tourer - initially the nsf window would only go up / down 1cm at a time (I reset it by holding the switch in the up position for 10 secs) and then it jammed half way down and wouldn't budge.

As the car was unsecure in my office car park I got the RAC out to it who tried to take the door apart and then realised that they couldn't due to the inner and outer door card on the later models (not sure when Renault started building the doors like this).

Eventually the RAC guy forced the window up (physically) whilsting holding the switch up to get the motor going. He told me that the motor / regulator was gone and to get it to the dealer asap. Thinking my car would be out of warranty I contacted a local Renault independent who quoted me £300 (fitted inc VAT) to replace the motor. After I picked myself up off the floor (!) I called my local Renault dealer who advised that Renault acknowledge this is a build issue and in my case would be prepared to fund 75% of the cost of the repair if I take it to the dealer. The outcome is that it is going to be fixed this week at a cost to me of £80 - 100.

Worth noting if you think your car is out of warranty for these types of issues.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:03 pm

It will break down again in a year or two, because they do not restore the connector. Regarding the costs... well, you have to pay if you don't fancy spending half an hour fiddling with the tools yourself. It's pointless now, as the RAC labourer might have broken the mechanism.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Problems / Questions”