Problem when pulling away in first gear.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Vinchenski
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.4 Extreme 2006

Problem when pulling away in first gear.

Postby Vinchenski » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi Guys,

I had a quick search but couldn't find anything like this. Never had it before.

SOMETIMES when I pull away, the car will jolt/jump, almost like there aren't enough revs/like it's about to stall. I've tried applying more revs, tried releasing the clutch slower, and a comination of both but it still happens.

I've got a feeling the issue is with the clutch not catching properly, but not entirely sure. The only other thing - Could the timing belt do this?

A few weeks ago, I got into the car, and after pressing the start button, the car revv'd up to 2,000 then died. I tried again and it did the same thing. I opened the door to stop all the electrics working, tried again and it did the same thing. Only after 5 minutes it worked again - Could this be related? - It hasn't happened again since.

Any advice anyone can give on this would be appreciated as I'm statring to worry about it now.

Many thanks for reading.

Sam,
2006 Renault Megane 1.4 Extreme

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: Problem when pulling away in first gear.

Postby AlexB » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Clean the throttle body if no OBD codes are recorded.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

gjonmat
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: nawt looking for a 225 :-(

Re: Problem when pulling away in first gear.

Postby gjonmat » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:18 pm

My clio did that, a bloody big judder when pulling away, did my head in! took it to a garage and the top suspention bush thing was gone and a track rod end both on one side was replaced and it was fine for a few month then started again!!! seameded to be fine when it was cold or first 15 min drive, anyhow flogged it got a megane 225 :-)

Return to “Problems / Questions”