dont tell the wife i`m on here - ecu removal?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

neilmathews

dont tell the wife i`m on here - ecu removal?

Postby neilmathews » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:56 am

sad I know, but home for a few days chance to remove/ try to dry out my ecu. got another car so can leave the ecu in the airing cupboard for a week or 2 in the hope this sorts the problems.... megane 2 dynamique 1.5dci

anyone able to give me a quick 1,2,3,4 on ecu removal ? unplugging no prob I guess, but access to the fixings ? do i need to remove the whole fuse board or can i get it out without too much stripping down

(symptoms - immobiliser stays on, engine wont start, but dash lights up and shows `electronic fault` after going through the starting cycle)

and happy christmas!
-
done ! ecu removal is unplug each of the 3 plugs - (push in tab holding each plug lever captive, prise lever away from body, pull lever more as plug moves away and then disengage the entire plug and lever). remove top 2 nuts holding ecu to body - if you are houdini- remove lower two nuts also and prise ecu from mounting plate. if not houdini - remove battery (a pain in itself), then remove 3 13mm bolts holding battery tray down - this also unbolts the ecu mounting bracket - lift away.

Problem - what do I do now ? leave the ecu on the radiator as it is, or should I drill out each of the 4 corner plastic welded lugs and price the metal cover off the plastic housing to aid drying ? I am assuming the non starting/ immobiliser on is due to water in the ecu. cannot be sure - but trial and error at this stage doing what i can - What is the next best step - leave cover on or open it up ???? (and UHP/ UCP ?? have seen these mentioned elsewhere - of fitted on my megane - do i need to find/ remove/ dry them also?_

Return to “Problems / Questions”