Scenic Dashboard Fault

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

drivers2610
Currently Drives:: Renault Scenic 1.9 Dti

Scenic Dashboard Fault

Postby drivers2610 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi.
Had my daughters scenic dashboard in for repair to a company called ECU Testing, after it failed completely. They had it for nearly a week, and when we got it back it seemed to work ok.

However, we noticed that the dashboard did not come on with "insert card" when we opened the door, and the radio and clock still reset and do not keep the information. The dash lights up when the engine starts.

We took it back and after a few hours, they told us that they could not find the problem and gave us a full refund.

The car itself works fine, it is only these two faults that we can't figure out.

Does anyone know what we can do to fix this, and if not, would Renault still replace the dash even though we had it repaired by another garage?

Any advice would be grateful.
Thanks

James

drivers2610
Currently Drives:: Renault Scenic 1.9 Dti

Re: Scenic Dashboard Fault

Postby drivers2610 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Re: Scenic Dashboard Fault

Postby pw981 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:52 pm

Is this the Scenic II 2003-2009 model with the digital dash? If the initial failure was, as you mentioned that it completely failed... I'm sure Renault are aware of this problem and it was featured on watchdog a few years ago - if so, I'm sure Renault agreed to replace this for a fixed price (I'm sure it was about £100?). If this is the case, I would take it to Renault (probably best not to mention the attempted repair as well otherwise they may try and wriggle out of it)
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

Return to “Problems / Questions”