CLUTCH OR ENGINE MOUNT? WHICH IS IT? ADVICE PLEASE!!!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dazbex
Currently Drives:: megane 1.5 dci maxim 5door, silver

CLUTCH OR ENGINE MOUNT? WHICH IS IT? ADVICE PLEASE!!!!

Postby dazbex » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi guys,

i am at the end the line now with my car, as much as i love the dam thing its causing me so many problems, i seem to be living on my nervs because of it,

had the car just short of a month, its a 5door 2006 dci 1.5 megane maxim model, in silver (great looking car)

couple of weeks back i couldnt get any gears, to cut a long story short, it went to the garage, the clutch master cylinder was broke and a a burst fluid pipe,

problem fixed i thought!!!

nope!!!!

the problem i have now is- every morning when the engine is cold, it starts and sounds like a biscuit tin full of spanners (rough) when i pull off in first gear, and the clutch is nearly all the way out, i get a really strong shudder/vibration,I accelerate off change to second and it happens again, it is worrying me now as it happens all the time,

BUT!!! once the engine gets up to temperature, it all stops, runs quiet-ish and no more vibrations/shudder, but when i pull up at the lights the whole car vibrates, I KNOW it needs an engine mount which i am waiting for, BUT could this cause the vibration/shudder when the engine is cold first thing in the morning??

its sending me round the twist, i dont know what to think, clutch?.....DMFW?......mount?........i really dont know!!

i am keeping everything crossed that this engine mount will cure it!!

advice more than welcome!! you whizz kids out there surely know what it is!!

PS if alexb reads this, i mentioned putting the engine mount on a copuple of days back, the company who sent it to me sent me the wrong on, green band, i needed the blue band....

many thanks guys :rock

Return to “Problems / Questions”