megane 150 gt dci starting

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

fleetstreet
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane gt 150 gt 2007

megane 150 gt dci starting

Postby fleetstreet » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:09 am

hi thanks for your reply .I did remove sender unit to make sure it was free from any clogging . why I have done this is because the car will not start. have checked all pipes and connections fitted new fuel filter primer pump works perfect left return pipe off sender and fuel is going back to tank the car as only done 35000mls fault comes up fuel volume control it is fitted to the pump with 3 small torque bolts have fitted new crank sencer cam sencer and fuel pressure sencer was just wondering if anyone else as come up with this before I buy another sencer

fredcamp2
Learner Driver

Re: megane 150 gt dci starting

Postby fredcamp2 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:36 pm

The unit your referring to on the rear of the high pressure pump is fuel pressure regulator has a 2 terminal marked 1 & 2 at ign on must have a 12v feed at the no 1 terminal on this plug. The fuel regulator controls the amount of fuel supplied to the high pressure common rail Terminal 2 on this plug goes to ecu pin no am4 to energise this valve. when these valves are not (activated) driven by the ecu then the fuel just returns to the tank. These valves are easily enough checked out either on or off the vehicle.But be warned the main cause of this problem is the loss of it's switched earth at ecu pin no am4 Hth Regards fredcamp2

fleetstreet

Postby fleetstreet » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:43 pm

hi thanks for your reply, We brought a new fuel volume control and fitted it no difference [did this before reading your reply ] I am, convinced what you said in your reply is the way to go ,.We will remove the plug fitted to the volume control and track to back to ecu in the morning can we trace the wire by colour , you did put a pin number ,could not understand how to see the pin needed,but will check again. IF you give a very small amount of easy start it will start and run perfect switch off and will not start

fleetstreet

Postby fleetstreet » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:17 am

anyone know how to get an engine wiring diagram for my car

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:20 am

have a look here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12790
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

fleetstreet

Postby fleetstreet » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:15 pm

hi thanks for all your help pleased to say I now know what the fault is and the car is working fine ,All the parts fitted made no difference ,but when we started cutting the loom apart and pulling the tape and covering everything suddenly started to work ,So I am looking to replace the engine wiring loom ,If anyone knows of an engine loom please let me know [it going now any I know the fault is in the wiring loom,]

Return to “Problems / Questions”