puncture, breakdown...

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

petepete
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: cc

puncture, breakdown...

Postby petepete » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:11 am

found myself stranded with a piece of metal thinner than one side of a hairgrip in my flat tyre...

Can of tyre repair gunk in my hand, I was fortunately able to remove the metal and attempt a fix...

Not a flippin chance mate...

it failed miserably...

Thank god it wasn't the middle of the night on some motorway !

I managed to find a screw of suitable size and screwed it into the hole in the tyre and had an electric pump to inflate the tyre and managed to get the car home with no further loss of air... Even managed to track down and order a new tyre as I could see it was too close to the sidewall for repair , infact I ordered 2 new ones for the rear as they were so cheap. I was able to drive the car to have them fitted and 6 hours later all was well.

I have opted to carry one of these kits now ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161368506562? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Re: puncture, breakdown...

Postby Phil and Liz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:35 pm

wife had a sidewall go on the mkiii and tonight finally got it back on the road, wrong tyre ordered yesterday by tyre co
i hate these no spare cars
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

eric
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane lldci

Re: puncture, breakdown...

Postby eric » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:23 pm

First thing I learned with my first car was to change a wheel. And not to have a car without a proper spare. It's amazing how many people will wait hours for a recovery vehicle to change a wheel. It's a two minute job! :lol:

Return to “Problems / Questions”