Wifes 2006 1.9dci megane convertable will not start

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

DM32

Wifes 2006 1.9dci megane convertable will not start

Postby DM32 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi newbie here....

On Wednesday my wifes 56 plate megane convertable stopped when she set of from work. The AA were called and fault code P0089 was found. I had the car recovered back to home. The AA chap did get the car to start when he squeezed the primming pump until it was full and i turned the car over it ran but when he stopped squezzing the primmer bulb it stopped. Renault Sheffield told me it was the sender unit fuel pump. I asked how where they both incoorporated together and he said that it was. I wasnt sure so i have bought a secondhand one from ebay. It arrived today and i cant see at all where the pump is. Infact i dont believe that there is one which then means its an issue else where.

Could anyone who knows please confirm to me if there is an electric fuel pump between the tank and fuel primmer bulb as im getting conflicting answers on the tinter web.

Even better does anyone have any experince with this issue and has the correct remedy.

This is our first renault ever and up until it stopped my wife has been happy with it. Now she is a women possesed......

Many thanks.

Darron.

petepete
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: cc

Re: Wifes 2006 1.9dci megane convertable will not start

Postby petepete » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:07 pm

As I understood it the sender unit doesn't have a pump and the fuel is drawn up right from the injection pump..

That means any air leak in the entire fuel system to it and air is drawn in rather than fuel taken from the tank.

obviously everything from tank to injection pump has to be checked for air leaks and it could also be a leaking injector bleeding air in via the return.

unfortunately a lack of fuel which is the injection pumps lubricant can damage it..

you can go down that road with a garage knowing if it all fails there is a last resort as below to get you going and keep you going.

As the car started and no doubt ran if the AA man kept priming the diesel ... all that's needed is an electric fuel pump inserted in place of the

priming pump and connected to the ignition +ve. which will keep the car reliable the duration of its life for £20.

DM32

Re: Wifes 2006 1.9dci megane convertable will not start

Postby DM32 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:51 am

Just had a proper look in daylight and i can see air bubbles flowing back from the fuel filter area back to the hand primer which leads to me think that there is air getting in the system around the fuel filter area / pipes. I cant see any air coming back from the fuel pump so i hope its definatley fuel filter / pipe area issue.

Daz

Return to “Problems / Questions”