Central Locking problem.......PLEASE HELP !!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jsl
Currently Drives:: '03 Megane II Dynamique 1.4l 16v

Central Locking problem.......PLEASE HELP !!!

Postby jsl » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi all
I have recently purchased a Megane mkII Dynamique 16v on an 03 plate with the card key ignition.

Yesterday, whilst showing my friend around it I noticed that the central locking wasn't working, (it is so silent but we'll get to That later in the text) but I can just about hear what seems to be a combined 'lock-unlock' action from the drivers door............however, the Boot is locking and unlocking properly ??!!

The alarm all works like it should, indicators blinking once when locked via the card remote and twice when unlocking, and four times if i go to check if it has locked and the alarm ends up going off.....................also, the remote locking whilst driving has stopped too, (now this might be related, Im not sure).....but I can still get it to bleep once and twice by holding the dash button down for 5 seconds or so...........but there is no louder "car-chink" like it usually did when it was working,

As a by-note, is there any way of activating an audible tell-tale to accompany the doors being locked/unlocked......(always assuming the actual locking action can be fixed first, of course).

Last night after fiddling for a while in the dusk I disconnected the battery overnight to see if that might reset something but it hasn't worked.

Any help on this matter would be gratefully received.

John

tanto12
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 megane sport tourer

Re: Central Locking problem.......PLEASE HELP !!!

Postby tanto12 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:21 pm

the lock unlock action is usually an indication that a door is not closed properly when you are in car does the door open close indicator in the instrument panel show all doors closed
if at first you don't succeed get a bigger hammer

jsl

Postby jsl » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:04 am

yes, that's the weird thing, but I Will go and check all the doors for interference tomorrow, perhaps one of the mechanisms is sticking, but I would have though it would, as you say, show up on the 'door-open' indicator on the dash...............it all Was woorking perfectly, so its rather baffling...........also, itmeans I can't park it anywhere because I cant lock it, will update tomorrow what I find-thanks for your input though.
Last edited by jsl on Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jsl

Postby jsl » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:51 pm

All the doors seem to be closing without interferance, this is baffling the heck out of me, is there any way to isolate which door is causing the unit to not lock the front and rear doors.............to re-iterate, the tailgate IS locking/unlocking as it should and the dash indicator is NOT showing any of the doors are indicating that they are open (it does when they ARE open)???!!!

JohnieW
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique 2006

Postby JohnieW » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:55 pm

Did you find out what this was? I have the exact same problem .. Megane Dynamique 16v on an 06 plate with the card key ignition.

Return to “Problems / Questions”