rattling sunroof fixed!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

cliopapa172
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane privilege

rattling sunroof fixed!

Postby cliopapa172 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:18 am

Hi all. For those of you with the constant accompaniment of the sunroof rattle when closed I may have a solution! After a particularly annoying commute to my new job, I got my tools out and had a look. Open your sunroof fully, then gently pull the glass up and down and you will see that the fixings have movement in them. Then unscrewed the Torx, (star screw), on one side, remove it and pack the fitting with grease. Then apply some to the screw before re fitting. Once re fitted make sure you wipe the excess off both the front and the back of the bracket so that there is less risk of dirt getting stuck on the grease and causing more problems. Do the same to the other side and Voila! Silent sunroof. The only thing is, now I can hear all the other annoying rattles from everywhere else!! PLEASE NOTE THIS WORKED FOR ME, IT MAY NOT FOR YOU, but for the ten minutes it took, it's worth a try and it's made journeys much quieter!

Return to “Problems / Questions”