Electronic Fault at higher speeds

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jf812
Currently Drives:: 53 plate Megane MkII 1.6 Dynamique VVT

Electronic Fault at higher speeds

Postby jf812 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:13 am

Hello, first post on here, but I have been reading posts for a few months.

A few hours ago when driving on the M4 and M5 at around 70mph the orange 'service' light along with the 'Electronic Fault' message appeared. I rarely reach 70mph as most of my driving is done on inner city dual carriageways and poor quality rural roads. Anyhow, I stopped at a service station and afer several minutes of idling, the message and light disappeared.

I continued on the motorway at the same speed, to see the light and message reappear. After idling and seeing the message disappear again, I set off and drove at around 50mph for the remaining 100 or so miles of the journey, and the light or message never reappeared. When they were showing, I didn't notice anything acting unusual as such so I have no idea why it's happening. Other cases generally of the message appearing seem to be related to water ingress etc, but this seems to be related to the engine speed or something closely related.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Return to “Problems / Questions”