Central locking problems help!!!!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Samlowe225

Central locking problems help!!!!!

Postby Samlowe225 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:19 pm

Hi all!

I have a Megane 225 2005 and for some reason the central locking has just stopped working today.......

It won't lock/unlock from the button on the key card nor from the button inside the car even though the boot will unlock/lock from both key card and button inside the car. I don't think it has anything to do with the battery in the key card as the car starts up fine everytime when I put the key in (I have two key cards exact same problem with both).
The drivers door will not open at all as I have to unlock the passenger side door with the key and enter and exit through the passenger door!

When I press the buttons on the key card all the indicators flash and lights appear in the car as it has been unlocked but it will not unlock/lock.

I can hear what seems to be some sort of relay or fuse clicking noise coming from the glove box (where the fuse box is) could that have anything to do it with it?!?

Any information would be much appreciated as I'm starting to slowly loose my dignerty trying to climb over to get in and out of the car from the passenger side.

Thanks Sam!

JohnieW
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique 2006

Re: Central locking problems help!!!!!

Postby JohnieW » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Did you discover an answer to this?

Return to “Problems / Questions”