Renault Megane 2005 1.5 dci cranking but will not start

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Genieous
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2005 1.5 dci

Renault Megane 2005 1.5 dci cranking but will not start

Postby Genieous » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:50 am

Good Day all, I am new here and would really appreciate some help.

I have a Megane 1.5 dci manual transmission with 149 000km on the clock. The following is an idea of how I ended up here today :

Two weeks ago we bought this car (not running) from a gentleman who said that he had taken the car for diagnostics and was told that it needs a diesel pump replaced. We bought the pump, fitted it and the car would still not start. It would crank but not start and would do this until the battery runs down. After charging the battery it then showed the error check fuel filter. Which we did and replaced. Still not starting.
After much research online we checked the timing belt and pulley but these were fine. We eventually found out that the relay needed to be replaced as the glow plugs were not lighting up. We replaced the relay and now glow plugs are working. We have checked the injectors which all seem to be working fine. We have primed the bulb to make sure fuel is going through as it should. The battery is also fully charged. We have removed the tdc sensor, cleaned off the grease but still NO luck.

Please excuse some of the terminology if it is incorrect as I am a woman and have explained to the best of my understanding☺

If there is anyone that can help. PLEASE. I think the mechanic is ready to throw the car over my back wall.

camer000
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.5dci 106 Dynamique.

Re: Renault Megane 2005 1.5 dci cranking but will not start

Postby camer000 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:46 pm

Have you tried plugging in a diagnostics device to see if there's anything else that the car thinks is wrong?

q292u
Global moderator
Currently Drives:: 2003 Clio. The Megane died.
2001 Audi A2 1.4 SE

Re: Renault Megane 2005 1.5 dci cranking but will not start

Postby q292u » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:46 am

Something like this. Less than a fiver.. works with android phones & tablets..
https://amzn.to/2cO00j1

Return to “Problems / Questions”