Re-sync key after flat battery

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Gumby6371
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5 dci 86 3 door

Re-sync key after flat battery

Postby Gumby6371 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:41 pm

I swapped to my spare key a few months back as the low battery warning started to flash up in the car. Had every intention of getting a replacement but TBH I just plain forgot.
When I finally got round to fitting a new one it was flat as a pancake and the central locking now needs re-syncing to the key.
I really begrudge paying a dealer to do it for me

you tube had a few ideas on how to set it up but none worked, any ideas?

I have a code in with the docs that came with the car and i do know my 08 plate has a few Mk3 bits and bobs fitted if any of that makes a difference to the procedure?

Thanks in advance

Gareth

triumph2.5man
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Mondeo TDCI mk3 2002
Pug 307HDI90 1.6 (family car)
Megane II dynamique 1.5dci 722 engine 2003
Ford Galaxy 115bhp 2002 (family car)
Megane 3 1.5dci 2009 832 engine (family car)

Re: Re-sync key after flat battery

Postby triumph2.5man » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:20 pm

Gareth I have never known a Renault card to be resynced and I have replaced lots and removed lots of batteries. I did it the other day with our mark 3 after the "low battery" message came up. Fitted another DL (CR) 2032 and the keycard worked perfectly. If the problem persists, try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery (a reboot, in computer parlance!) Remember the battery is needed only for the CL, not for starting the car. Apologies if you knew this.
Just as an observation, when our PUG307 came up with the same message, I changed the batteries (unusual size CR1620) in both plippers and neither would work. With the PUG one has to recode by turning ignition on and holding the lock button for 10 seconds but the Meggys are not like that. However neither plipper would operate, so - reboot! Then they both worked!
Sorry to go off subject here!
When you plug in to CLIP it does show the working frequency.

Return to “Problems / Questions”