Stop light , brakes light and more

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Gmcghee7
Currently Drives:: Megane dynamique 2008

Stop light , brakes light and more

Postby Gmcghee7 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:09 am

Hi guys n gals, I'm new to the Renault world, looking for some help and advice, I have purchased a 54 plate megane dynamique , unfortunately the dash has lit up like blackpool tower lol, I have asb light on , airbags light is on , the handbrake light and the stop light , I used the reader for codes, it only highlighted the cam sensor which I duly cleared with no difference to the car, any ideas on the issues, thanks , gary

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Stop light , brakes light and more

Postby Stranger » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:01 pm

Have a look / feel in the passenger wheel arch, there should be no hole, if there is a hole the cover is missing and it's very likely that water has got in to the fuse box and / or uch.

Do searches for water ingress, wheel arch cover, fuse box and such like, you'll get lots of results.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

triumph2.5man
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Mondeo TDCI mk3 2002
Pug 307HDI90 1.6 (family car)
Megane II dynamique 1.5dci 722 engine 2003
Ford Galaxy 115bhp 2002 (family car)
Megane 3 1.5dci 2009 832 engine (family car)

Re: Stop light , brakes light and more

Postby triumph2.5man » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Gary is your car a mk 2 or mk 3 (2008 could be either.) Petrol or diesel? Engine size? For advice to be given all this info is required. Does the car start and run? Airbag light could be broken clockspring (rotational connector behind steering wheel hub) ABS light could be a faulty sensor. To sort this lot out a cheap little code reader will not help. It will not be able to make contact with the injection computer, the ABS computer, the airbag computer. the multiplex system or any of the other computers in your megane. It will not even show that the warning light is on!
Cheers Mike

Return to “Problems / Questions”