The idiot that bought a car with no parcel shelf, help now needed!!!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

bulacobob
Currently Drives:: RENAULT Megane II 2.0 dCi (M9R)

The idiot that bought a car with no parcel shelf, help now needed!!!!

Postby bulacobob » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:21 pm

I would appreciate any help possible, I recently purchased a 2007 Megan convertible 2.0cdi 1 lady owner 40,000 miles, very nice car BUT it did not have the parcel shelf fitted, The doggy dealer said oh yes they are often removed, a quick look on ebay showed they could be picked up for £60.00 ish.
So muggins here did not realize how integral this part was, It's only a parcel shelf what could go wrong. I know realize that this is going to need a bit of work, I would be grateful if anyone could take photos of the basic fitting, I am going to attempt to retro fit on with second hand parts, My main goal is to at least get the parcel shelf rising and working, the side parts will be an added bonus for another day. It looks to my uninitiated eye that most parts on the car are still there but I don't know if simply bolting the tray on will be enough.

I can't believe I fell for this one and of course the dealer is wiping his hands of it (now got to non communication). My bad I know but if anyone can help I be very grateful. The car itself is very nice and so I would like to plough on and try to get it all partly working. Indecently the roof does work well, just leaves a massive ugly gap.

Return to “Problems / Questions”