service warning light will not go out

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sunshineman

service warning light will not go out

Postby sunshineman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:07 pm

My car is an 2004 automatic renault megane dynamique. Hi. A few weeks ago some numpty reversed into me with his 4x4 and as soon as he did a warning came up on my screen saying automatic light failure. Then a service light came up and would not go off. I contacted my insurance company as there was a bit of damage to the bumper and the garage repaired it. Could not believe it, they charged the other sides insurance company £895 to fix the bumper. Instead of buying a new one they decided to mould it. I worked it out it would have been so much cheaper to buy a new bumper.

Anyway, I told the insurance company about the warning light and they passed it on to the garage who deals with insurance work. The garage put it on computer and said the warning light was a crankshaft sensor and had nothing to do with the accident. I argued with them and said this has never happened before and the light came on as soon as the accident happened. Because of what they said the insurance company told them to do just the bumper work which they well and truly overcharged for. The garage said for me to go and buy a crankshaft sensor and they would fit it. So, i did this and they fitted it. The garage said that the warning light would go out after around 10 starts. I have started the car around 35 times now and still it is there. It shows the service light with this image https://www.drivingtesttips.biz/renault- ... -light.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to reset the service light and if you agree with the garage that this had nothing to do with the accident.

sunshineman

Re: service warning light will not go out

Postby sunshineman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:34 pm

can anyone give me advice on this please

q292u
Global moderator
Currently Drives:: 2003 Clio. The Megane died.
2001 Audi A2 1.4 SE

Postby q292u » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:38 pm

If it's just a service warning, then just get the garage to reset it, or use a cheap code reader to reset it..

bandstand
Currently Drives:: Megane coupe 2005 automatic

Postby bandstand » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:13 pm

The garage should have cleared the faults on there computer after fitting the sensor.

bandstand
Currently Drives:: Megane coupe 2005 automatic

Postby bandstand » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:25 pm

When mine did the same it was the camshaft sensor, fitted a new òne and the garage cleared the fault and it's been great since. ( the sensor was £24 from euro car parts )

Return to “Problems / Questions”