Cabriolet 2002 window wipers

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Hart87
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Cabriolet 2002

Cabriolet 2002 window wipers

Postby Hart87 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Hope this is right place to post?!?
Yesterday we bought a Renault Megane 2002 cabriolet .
I had to drive it from Leicester to Birmingham (Marston Green). Firstly car is automatic and drives pretty smooth a bit sluggish for a 1.6 but other than that fine. During the test drive I got out and checked the lights were on which they were but dim. Driving home in the dark and a truck pulls out on me and then starts flashing me and I realise my lights were out although showing on dash. I came off the motorway and got the lights to work with fogs. But wasn't working on side/dipped. I thought I'd just carry on avoiding the motorway and drive back on fogs - I turned my window wipers off and when I went to put them back on they wouldn't work.
So I left the car. I went up today with all new fuses. I changed most and the fuse for the lights sparked at me but now at least the lights work still very dim.
Windscreen wipers still not working. There's a clonk noise like possibly a motor trying when the car first starts from near what I think is the wiper motor. The screen wash works from same stalk.
I've managed to get the car back home and messed around again after reading forum posts the heaters stopped working new fuse sorted but on full blast as advised still no wipers. We tried to get the wipers off to get to the motor but one is stuck on both absolutely covered in grease but previous owner denies any knowledge.
I have no idea what to do now can't afford garage costs.
I was wondering if someone with same car could post a picture of the fuse boxes in car and under bonnet so I can at least double check that's all correct?
Any advice?
Also it's missing the air intake hose so probably explains the loss on performance. People are b*st*rds sometimes. :evil:
Thanks X

Return to “Problems / Questions”