Megane 2, 2005 1.5 diesel not starting

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Amirkhan
Currently Drives:: Megane 2

Megane 2, 2005 1.5 diesel not starting

Postby Amirkhan » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:48 pm

Here is the problem with my Megane 2, the car is not starting after placing the card and pressing break and clutch pedal, I opened all the looms from the starting key to ecu and fuse boxes, I couldn't find any problems with the wires, the only way I can fire up engine is to put the car in a down hill or up hill then put it into the gear, which is not a logical solution, somebody mentioned to me, it can be the engage gear shifter sensor, which I couldn't find this sensor so far, I would appreciate any advice, regards. :life

quaker@eircom.net
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: renault megane 2005 1.5dci automatic

Re: Megane 2, 2005 1.5 diesel not starting

Postby quaker@eircom.net » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:28 pm

Hello there
Can you turn on the ignition?......Place the card in the slot and press the starter button ( without pressing the clutch or brake pedal) for approx 6-7 seconds and you should hear the ignition relays turning on. ( the dash lights up as it does before starting)
To turn off the ignition, pull out the card and press the starter button twice in rapid succession.

Is the starter motor working?.....not sure about your 1.5 dci, but in mine you can place a battery +ve lead on the starter solenoid where the activation lead is connected on, BUT disconnect its own activation wire first. This will then cause the starter to turn the engine...this proves the starter is working.
rgds
Maurice

Amirkhan
Currently Drives:: Megane 2

Postby Amirkhan » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:01 pm

Thanks for quick response, when I Place card in the slide, asks to press break and then all lights in my speedometer are on, everything seems OK but it doesn't fire up. Starter recently been charged and I'm sure it works, when I put the car in down hill and put it into the gear, engine fires up and every thing goes normal until I switch off. I've opened all looms from battery to the fuse box and spray wd40 on all connection, everything seems normal but engine doesn't fire up by the start key. I've been told, there is a sensor linked to the gear shifter which avoid engine to fire up when the gearbox is in gear, I couldn't find that sensor, wondering if you know where that sensor is, regards.

quaker@eircom.net
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: renault megane 2005 1.5dci automatic

Postby quaker@eircom.net » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Hello there...
Looking at the Haynes Manual it shows a clutch pedal switch consisting of two wires. If you could check the continuity of this switch with a multimeter and when pressing the clutch pedal you should see continuity on the ohms scale. The start/stop button also has a micro switch and it should be possible to check its continuity with a multimeter as well.
There is no brake pedal switch associated with starting on a manual transmission. With automatic transmission you have to press the brake pedal to start so I assume there is a switch on this pedal.
rgds Maurice

PeterPearce
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 dci 06

Postby PeterPearce » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:18 am

Hi dose the engine turn over when you try to start her

Return to “Problems / Questions”