Window temic units

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

rosshkerr
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II Dynamique

Window temic units

Postby rosshkerr » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:34 pm

The drivers window has finally stopped working. It has been a bit temperamental for a while. I bought a new temic unit from ebay, fitted it and it wouldn't reset. Am thinking it was a rear one so sent it back. I have continued to look on ebay but mist of them say front or rear fitting, which us clearly not the case! I have seen minibuses that can be used to replace the original temic unit. Has anyone tried these, or had this problem and resolved it?

Thanks for reading

Ross

q292u
Global moderator
Currently Drives:: 2003 Clio. The Megane died.
2001 Audi A2 1.4 SE

Re: Window temic units

Postby q292u » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:05 pm

rosshkerr wrote:The drivers window has finally stopped working. It has been a bit temperamental for a while. I bought a new temic unit from ebay, fitted it and it wouldn't reset. Am thinking it was a rear one so sent it back. I have continued to look on ebay but mist of them say front or rear fitting, which us clearly not the case! I have seen minibuses that can be used to replace the original temic unit. Has anyone tried these, or had this problem and resolved it?

Thanks for reading

Ross

If you mean those mini cube things, they work, but they don't respond to the double-click function. If your car doesn't have that, then they are fine. No good to me, as I use dbl-clk (lock all doors, close all windows) all the time.

rosshkerr
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II Dynamique

Postby rosshkerr » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:44 pm

Thanks. Yes mini cubes is what meant. Love that autocorrect

noelo
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane sports tourer

Postby noelo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:03 pm

Your problem is most likely with the spade connectors if you are handy with a soldering iron,put a layer of solder on all the pins on the window regulator (both sides)
this will give a good connection when plugged back in as the pins are now slightly fatter allowing the connections
on the socket to bite into the solder.
it solved my window problem
best of luck

Return to “Problems / Questions”