All sorts ?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

mas430

All sorts ?

Postby mas430 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:27 pm

I have a 1.9 DCi 130 Fap estate 2006, so far it does the lose speed thing,today on a hill with a car beeping at me as I managed to get into a bus stop. Then the other day it said low battery to my wife, I put a multi-meter on the battery & it showed 12.5v so all good there? Then yesterday I put a CD in & suddenly it went dead & message said no key card or something to that effect, I turned it off ,opened the drivers door & it was OK again & started ,Phew! I cannot get the ignition lights to light up when I push the start button without touching pedals at all, also it only starts using brake pedal not clutch. I have checked wiring on the clutch switch all connected & took the brake switch out & sprayed it with Contact cleaner ...still the same, its getting a bit dangerous to drive TBH. Any guidance please?

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: All sorts ?

Postby grandadbobby » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:15 pm

Hi there,
apart from maybe the battery is playing up (this could well be the problem) and the clutch pedal switch may be faulty, you need diagnostics to check for fault codes.
Hopefully that will put you in the right direction.
Good luck
Bob.

mas430

Postby mas430 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:34 pm

Ok so it continues.
I have noticed that the power loss seems to happen more on hills.
Today 3 times I had to pull over, this time I managed to get it into neutral pretty quick & while the handbrake was on I saw that it was at a constant 1400rpm pressing the throttle full down or foot right off made no difference at all for about 1 minute. I put my foot right down & really slowly & sluggishly it picked up as though it was clearing, no misfires though. Other times its so lively I can barely touch the pedal & its blasting along, my wife said she barely touched it & it was frightening her?

I am wondering would a faulty Maf do this ?

ElCid
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 VVT Estate 2006

Postby ElCid » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:49 pm

A guide on how to repair "electronic fault" on your Renault Megane, this fault is very common and can cause your car to do all sorts of crazy things while your driving, locking and unlocking the doors, setting the hazard lights off and worst case cutting out and refusing to re-start. watch this for a few minutes and you should be up and running in no time (provided there are no deeper issues).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCMWEK-e99k

Return to “Problems / Questions”