Concern on Display Faults -Help

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

alliemoosa1
Currently Drives:: 2008 Renault Megane Ii 1.6 Shake It 5dr

Concern on Display Faults -Help

Postby alliemoosa1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi there All,

Thanks for an amazing forum - sticking very close to this site.

I very recently purchased a 2008 Megane II 5dr - mileage 120k kms. After reading these articles I'm so worried that I have made a mistake in this purchase which is now too late. Herewith my concerns:

1 - Oil pressure fault - Going through your forums I see that many have advised not to drive the car when the "oil pressure fault" rears its ugly head. The issue is that warning goes and comes...like today it came on twice after a full days running around.
I have not lifted the bonnet yet. Should I first check here? I also contacted the Seller and he advised me that he topped up the oil at a registered service centre. I went to the service centre today to validate however they were unable to look at it (closed early). They did however verify they are familiar with the vehicle and have said, confidently, that its the switch or sensor that is faulty. Somehow I don't believe them and would like to get a second opinion.

2 - Air bag fault - Similar issue with Airbags - Display fault comes and goes. Service Centre response the same

3 - Boot not opening - Boot opens when it wants to. In 2 of 5 attempts the boot will not open. I can hear a noise but it just doesn't release. This is with a new key - everything else works. Any other trouble-shooting techniques?

The ride is amazing and I love the car but I cannot shake off these concerns.

Please share advice on next steps.

Regards
Allie :-( :-(

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Concern on Display Faults -Help

Postby grandadbobby » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.
l take it that you are not a DIYer.
Apart from checking the oil level, your best bet is to let the service centre look at it.
Probably they are right about the sensor and as the airbag light comes and goes indicates to me a faulty connection somewhere (usually under the seat).
lt may want a new boot switch (common issue).
The centre will have diagnostics and should be able to fix it.
For sure, you want the oil pressure issue fixed as a priority.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Bob.

alliemoosa1
Currently Drives:: 2008 Renault Megane Ii 1.6 Shake It 5dr

Postby alliemoosa1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:21 am

Thank you GrandadBobby!

Update, The oil sensor issue was a fixed with a new oil sensor plug. The airbag one still faulty but they said this is very common (sensor under the seat). The boot working fine now.

Another issue - the idle feels like its limping, the whole car shakes likes its about to stall. When i start it, it idles fine for a one min then slightly drops to almost cut of...then it picking up again. if i leave it to idle the revs seem to low. Could this be timing? Also has not power...revs don't move when accelerator is push. It really struggles.(even in 3rd gear, on a flat driving alone).

Hope you can help.

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Postby grandadbobby » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:30 am

Hi again,
what you describe could be almost anything although being petrol, ignition coils are a very common fault.
sounds like you need diagnostics on this car, so back to that service centre.
Even if you are not a DIY man, it's a good idea to have a code reader nowadays.
lt may even be something you could fix yourself.
Good luck
Bob.

Return to “Problems / Questions”