Trying to fix window problem

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Jen1187
Currently Drives:: Megane 2004 reg

Trying to fix window problem

Postby Jen1187 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi, I've read a few posts about window regulator problems but none seem to help with my problem.
I bought my megane 2 months ago, I didn't realise the drivers side window didn't work until a few days later.
So my quest to fix it began. Lots of searching lead me to try out one of those plug in and play regulator cubes, all seemed easy enough.
Took the door apart and was met with the unexpected. The car has been repaired before and the wiring is different. I took some pics but not enough (I've now learnt lots of photos are better than none).
There is no big connector now, just lots of blue shrink things around metal connectors.
There was 2 small cube things that the blue connectors where attached to, this was attached to the door with sealent. The origional regulator had been cut in half and two wires soldered to the remaining bit and then covered in sealant.
The wires on the original regulator had corroded (guy loved sealant but even that couldn't save it) and a couple of the blue connectors thing have a bit of water damage.
I'll try and add pics but basically I'm lost now, can this be repaired by myself? I've bought a new connector like what should have been there but I'm not sure which wires go where or if this has been re wired to the point of I need a professional to start from scratch?
I love doing this stuff but this has me stumped.
(I don't know how to add photos, there's one long brown wire which towards the end has 3 blue connectors and at the very end a blue wire with blue connector, the next long wire is green and yellow with 2 blue connectors, then two black/red wires thin like audio cables with blue connectors at the end. Hope that helps somewhat in visualising)

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Trying to fix window problem

Postby grandadbobby » Tue May 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Hi,
l think your best bet is to either copy the wiring if you know someone with a megane, or visit a breakers and buy the loom part out of the door with the connectors on, to replace yours.
Usually the window motor might be gone but the loom is still there.
You might find good pictures on line if you research it well, but the Haynes manual is not very good in my estimation.
Good luck
Bob.

quaker@eircom.net
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: renault megane 2005 1.5dci automatic

Postby quaker@eircom.net » Wed May 03, 2017 11:20 am

re window problem.
I had an issue with the rear RH window motor a few years ago. There are five wires going to the window motor module ( aka the temic device) which sits on top of the actual window motor. There were Five wires going into the back of this module. The other end of the module has two pins which plug directly into the actual motor itself. There are six pins on the back of the module labelled 1 to 6. According to my notes these are:--- pin 1....earth applied when door switch pressed up ( closing window) Pin 2.....earth applied here when door switch pressed down ( opening window) Pin 3....Negative ( thicker wire) or Chassis Earth. Pin 4....Constant +ve from Fuse box( thicker wire). Pin 5....spare. Pin 6....negative( earth) applied here when you double click the key card to lock the car ( all open windows close automatically ).
rgds Maurice

Scott38

Postby Scott38 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:13 am

You still looking for parts for your window?

Return to “Problems / Questions”