Strange indicator problem... PLEASE HELP

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

DannU

Strange indicator problem... PLEASE HELP

Postby DannU » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Hello all,

Firstly sorry if this has been posted before but i cant find anything that is similar to my problem!

just bought a late 2006 megane 1.6 dynamique petrol and i am having trouble with the indicators.

There are two indicators not working, front left and back right. When i flick the indicator stalk it 'clicks' properly for the first 2 clicks and then goes really fast. this happens on both sides.

I have tried changing the bulbs...and after many hours of trying with the front i have no luck (couldnt even get the bulb holder out!). So i couldnt do the front, but when i changed the rear bulb, it was illuminating but VERY VERY dim, and the flashing rate was, again, fine for the first 2 clicks but then the rapid flashing was still there.

i doubt it is the bulbs and i think it is more of a deeper fault.

Also i find it very strange that there are two gone on opposite corners at the same time? Coincidence?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Dan

BrotherPlasterer
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 2005 Renault Megane 2 1.6 VVT Dynamique

Re: Strange indicator problem... PLEASE HELP

Postby BrotherPlasterer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:41 pm

Mine was similar but only one side. Fast clicking means the bulb needs replacing, so I went to my local autostore who happen to change bulbs for £0, if you buy them, and he just fiddled with connections from the front down side of radiator and voila! One working bulb, no need to change.
Been fine ever since.

DannU

Postby DannU » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:51 pm

thanks for your reply!

forgot to add that i have already tried the 'wiggling technique' with no luck, sorry!

just seems too much of a coincidence that i have two gone at once on opposite corners?

Dan

alanf
Learner Driver

Postby alanf » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:36 am

Go to Halfauds they will change the bulbs for free if you buy them at the inflated price, if they don,t check if they worked before you could always act dumb and say oooo they never done that before, best times to go are on a nice sunny day (it gets the lad out of the shop) early in the morn or during school run time when the yummy mummy's are picking up their little darlings chances are when both changed they'l be ok

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:25 pm

I had an 05 dynamique, the front indicators would often flash fast, usually r/h but occasionally left , cure was remove and refit bulb holder. Remember working at a Vauxhall garage and 52 plate corsa had the same problem but that was diagnosed on a machine as a body control module, remove refit fixed that one for a while. Think the problem is the bulbholder contacts, funny thing is I've had a 08 dynamique for 8 years and never had that problem.

Rear one sounds like abad earth either on the light or the circut board that the bulbs sit in.Maybe if your diy minded try running a separate earthto the bulb case and put the other end on aknown earth, should be able to jam the wire in the bulb holder when putting bulb in.
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

Return to “Problems / Questions”