My car won't start

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Marcus123
Currently Drives:: 2008 Renault magane dynamic

My car won't start

Postby Marcus123 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi I have a 2008 Renault magane dynamic that won't start when I press the the start button a message comes up on the dash saying turn steering wheel press clutch or brake and push the start button and still won't start can any one help me out or it's going to the scrap yard

quaker@eircom.net
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: renault megane 2005 1.5dci automatic

Re: My car won't start

Postby quaker@eircom.net » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:05 pm

Hello there.....usually the starter motor gets a pulse on the activation lead ( this lead activates/operates the starter solenoid) and then the starter motor turns. Can you check to see if your starter motor is turning. On manual transmissions one has to press the clutch pedal before pressing the starter button. Looking at the Haynes Manual it shows a clutch pedal switch consisting of two wires. If you could check the continuity of this switch with a multimeter and when pressing the clutch pedal you should see continuity on the ohms scale. The start/stop button also has a micro switch and it should be possible to check its continuity with a multimeter as well. With an automatic trans, its the brake pedal that has to be pressed before pressing the starter button. rgds Maurice

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: My car won't start

Postby grandadbobby » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:24 pm

Hi,
on you tube it shows a scenic where the bloke slides a knife in with the card and it starts.
Have a look, it might help till you can sort it properly.
Bob.

Return to “Problems / Questions”