1.9DCI engine breifly cutting out

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

GPH45
Currently Drives:: 2003 Megane 1.9dci 5 door

1.9DCI engine breifly cutting out

Postby GPH45 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:06 am

Hi Folks,
I wonder if anyone has experienced the problem I have with my 2003 1.9 diesel. When driving the engine will die briefly and then continue as normal. No engine lights come on and there are no fault codes in the memory, and it has just been serviced, including all filter changes. I started it on the drive the other day and sat there holding the revs at 1500, and it would do it then, so its not related to driving. It doesn't happen all the time and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. Can anyone offer any advise please ?? Thank you. Gary.

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: 1.9DCI engine breifly cutting out

Postby grandadbobby » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi,
l have experienced this on another car.
No fault codes points to air in system or even more likely something briefly blocking the fuel line.
ln my case it turned out to be a blob of something in the fuel tank which blocked the fuel pick up.
Apparently, bio products have been added to diesel since 2011 to cheapen costs. l had a little eco system going on in the tank sender unit which produced a black blob.

l think if l were you, to help eliminate this possibility, l'd use the better diesel for a while and also add a diesel cleaner in the tank when you fill up.

lf the problem gets worse and the car won't start or won't keep running, blow down the fuel pipe back into the tank and see if it clears.
Good luck
Bob.
ps if you find a solution, please post to let us all know the outcome.

VroomVroomClonk
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 DCi CC 2004

Postby VroomVroomClonk » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:29 pm

I'd guess it is probably this, which has driven many of us mad for years until we finally worked out what was causing it!
http://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21585&p=132495#p132495

GPH45
Currently Drives:: 2003 Megane 1.9dci 5 door

Postby GPH45 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:18 am

Folks,
I'm really grateful for your help.
I will check these out and report on my findings.
Gary.

Return to “Problems / Questions”