Stereo beeping as if I am trying to contact aliens!!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Meganeownernew
Currently Drives:: Megane Privilege VVT 136 A

Stereo beeping as if I am trying to contact aliens!!!

Postby Meganeownernew » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:15 pm

Hiya Peeps,

I am new to owning a Renault Megane and have just purchased a 2004 Privilege VVT 2.0.

It has it's problems but the most niggling of all must be the stereo :/ It didn't come with the radio part, it only had the disc changer. So I purchased a second hand one and managed to get it working by pressing 2/5 when starting the car. However, I now have this constant beeping over the music like something out of close encounters :/and the stereo turn off after about a min.

I don't have the option of inputting the code as it is not coming up on the display, also the steering wheel controls don't seem to be working.....I have changed every fuse possible and to no avail.

This is now driving me and my son mental :(

Please please please help me!!!!!!

Meganeownernew
Currently Drives:: Megane Privilege VVT 136 A

Re: Stereo beeping as if I am trying to contact aliens!!!

Postby Meganeownernew » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:37 pm

I guess I am forever doomed to listen to the sounds of silence or beeping, ho hum!! :banghead :roll: xx

BMegane05
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2005 1.6 Oasis

Re: Stereo beeping as if I am trying to contact aliens!!!

Postby BMegane05 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:26 pm

If your cigarette lighter doesn't work either then you have a blown fuse. it happen'd to me yesterday and i changed it and it went back to normal. :cool:

Return to “Problems / Questions”