Not the usual window issue - strange operation?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Markeh
Currently Drives:: 2004 (54) Megane 1.6 VVT Dynamique 5dr

Not the usual window issue - strange operation?

Postby Markeh » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:36 pm

Car in question is a 54-plate 1.6 Dynamique 5dr. As per usual, it's had some issues with the electric windows, and I've had this quirk with one of the rear ones for the last couple of months which I can't seem to find anything about online. Now that I've repaired the other rear window that was completely dead with a new regulator and Temic module, I'd quite like to get to the bottom of this so that I've got a fully working set of windows (how long that lasts, however...).

Basically, the passenger side rear window will work perfectly fine and go up and down as intended from the driver's door switch, and close on deadlock as well, it will also go up on the switch on the rear door. However, if you push down on the switch on that door, it goes up! So far I've tried a known good Temic module and window switch, and have replaced some of the wiring that goes from the main door loom to the window switch, as well as cleaning the contacts where the door loom meets the main car loom and at the window switch end. I'm thinking of replacing the door loom (the local scrapyard had a door loom in but the model in question had keyless entry, am I right in assuming this is a different loom and I need one from a car with rear electric windows but without keyless entry, or are there just the manual/electric varieties of looms?) next but wasn't sure if there was anything else I could try/it could be?

brommas
Currently Drives:: Grand scenic 2005 1.9dci 185000

Re: Not the usual window issue - strange operation?

Postby brommas » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:45 pm

I fired anew temmic to my rear n/s window and had exactly the same problem, it worked in reverse. In the listing when I purchased it I noted that it said if your switch is working back to front give me a shout and I will tell you what to do to resolve it.

So I phoned him as I couldn't see anything obvious, anyway he told me to press down very hard on the switch then turn ignition off , turn back on and try again (I thought he was taking the Michael so to speak) much to my amazement I did as instructed and then it started working correctly, it has never gone wrong since, maybe worth a try for you.

filipeT
Currently Drives:: Megane II Estate 1.4 16v

Re: Not the usual window issue - strange operation?

Postby filipeT » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:00 pm

I have a similar issue after replacing the drivers door loom.

My rear passenger window works fine from the driver button (up, down and one-touch), but on the door button it only goes down, even when clicking up, and one-touch is not working...

The logic is to press the faulty door button down, turn off the ignition, and when turning back on it should be ok?

Thanks

Return to “Problems / Questions”