Auto Lights Fault

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

crelx241

Auto Lights Fault

Postby crelx241 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:39 pm

Meganne II 2006 1.4 Diesel

I have owned the car for just over a year and have always had the Auto Lights function on. I now have 'Auto Lights Fault' indicated on the display/service light on and the lights are on even in daylight.

Obviously I can turn the Auto Lights function off, which 'clears' the fault, however once I turn the function on again, the fault 'comes back.

This may just be a coincidence, I recently had a problem with my electric windows and also a bad earth on my break light/indicator. I had left the car with an auto spark who repaired these problems. However, once I drove the car away from his premises, that's when the fault first appeared.

Any advice on fixes would be great.

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Auto Lights Fault

Postby grandadbobby » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi,
sounds like you need to check with the auto electrician as that's when it altered, he knows what he's touched.
The car is also at the age when the electronics become vulnerable as most megane owners will tell you.
Mine's an 05 reg and the auto lights don't work plus the intermittent wipers just wipe as normal and the rear wiper waves people goodbye when ever l start the car.
All these things are controlled by the interior multiplex module, it could be fixed, but it doesn't bother me.
Should you find it might be that module, there are people on ebay to contact.
Good luck
Bob.

neilbrumie
Currently Drives:: megane oasis 1.5dci

Re: Auto Lights Fault

Postby neilbrumie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:42 am

Hi,i had this problem on mine,i found they had left a small black earth wire off the negative battery terminal,auto lights worked perfectly after refitting it.

Return to “Problems / Questions”