Immobiliser problem

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

NeilS
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane cc 1.9dCi Privelage auto

Immobiliser problem

Postby NeilS » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Hi guys,
sorry for being a bit 'off topic.' My missus has a 2004 Kangoo van. The key broke so I bought a new shell off ebay and carefully relocated the pcb and key blade from the broken fob into the new one. Long story short, the LED in the fob flashes when pressed and it unlocks the doors, but it will not de-activate the engine immobiliser (engines turns over but red led on dash flashes quickly). :(

I've mooched around on other forums and tried some of the solutions but none have worked. I've tried inserting the key blade the other way around and even using the old damaged fob but still nothing. One thing I haven't done is replace the battery, so will try that later. Is there another procedure that I'm not aware of, or should I take it on the chin and cough up for a new key from Renault? :banghead

Any ideas? Sorry this isn't Megane-related, but I hoped someone with similar experience may be able to help. :conf
(Insert something creative/witty/imaginative here _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ )

Return to “Problems / Questions”