Injection Fault

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

SilentStorm161
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.5dci

Injection Fault

Postby SilentStorm161 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:34 pm

Hopefully someone can help.

Today on the motorway i was doing 60 with my foot down and the injection fault light came on and it has no power (limp mode i think). Gears 1,2,3 and 4 seemed okay but gear 5 seem to have no power. I replaced the EGR valve a few weeks ago and i think i didn't tighten up on of the pipes coming off it, i tightened it up and the power restored and it seemed back to normal, however, after travelling at 60 in 5th it came up again but no lose of power nothing it popped up for about 3 - 5 seconds.

I'll keep an eye on over the next week and hopefully it will be okay as i need to travel from Scotland to Manchester and the week after Scotland to Durham.

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Injection Fault

Postby grandadbobby » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi,
you don't say which engine you've got, but in any case you could do with reading what fault code has been registered.
Very important to aquire a diagnostic tool if you want to do stuff yourself.
lf you get one, make sure it does body and engine.
When you've got a fault code you can post on here and search on the net to put you in the right direction.
Good luck
Bob.

SilentStorm161
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.5dci

Postby SilentStorm161 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:29 pm

grandadbobby wrote:Hi,
you don't say which engine you've got, but in any case you could do with reading what fault code has been registered.
Very important to aquire a diagnostic tool if you want to do stuff yourself.
lf you get one, make sure it does body and engine.
When you've got a fault code you can post on here and search on the net to put you in the right direction.
Good luck
Bob.

It's a Renault Megane 2004 1.5dci.

I have a reader but it only reads one code but says N/A as the code.

This is the reader i have got https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stoga-CAN-BUS- ... bd2+reader

I found it so thats why i have it but it their is a better one for a reasonable price then i am open to buying it.

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Postby grandadbobby » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:58 pm

Anything electrical will give a fault code, sensors, glow plugs, injectors etc.
lf there isn't a fault code, in my experience it's usually fuel related, clogged filter, air in system etc.
Bob.

Return to “Problems / Questions”