Engine Problem?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Andy1970
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Privilege Convertible 1.6 VVT

Engine Problem?

Postby Andy1970 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:44 pm

Hi guys.

The other day I was out for a drive in my 1.6 and all was well. The usual pleasant smooth drive. Until...

I stopped off at a friend's house to pick them up. I sat outside for a few minutes with the engine running until they came out. There was a small judder from the engine but I thought nothing of it. My friend came out, got in the car and we set off on the two minute journey to my place. I noticed the drive was not so smooth and a bit sluggish. I also noticed that the engine warning light was flashing on and off. Quite worrying.

Anyhow, the next day I went out to the car and it started first time as usual. No engine warning light until the engine had been running for a few minutes. I pressed the accelerator pedal and each time there was a judder before the revs went up. Intermittently the engine light stopped flashing for a short while then started again. I've checked the oil, coolant, power steering fluid etc and all is well.

I'm wondering if it could be the spark plugs or coils? Maybe even the petrol? I put £20 worth in at a station I've not used before the day prior to the problem starting.

Sat scratching my head here and feeling a bit worried. All advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Problems / Questions”