Where is the UCH 645 for a Cabrio?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

twostickes2
Currently Drives:: Megan II Cabriolet/Coupe dynamique 1.9 dci

Where is the UCH 645 for a Cabrio?

Postby twostickes2 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi anyone!
I need to check a connector on the "Passenger Compartment Computer" part 645 and have removed the glove box. I just cant find it! Maybe its not passenger side because this is UK right hand drive and most descriptions Im finding maybe for left? No idea where it is! I dont think its small either, should have 6 multiconnectors on it. Im guessing its about 5 x 6 inches. Any ideas? Im stuck trying to fix an electronic fault, being going on for days now, getting desperate to get mobile,
Thanks,
Tony

twostickes2

Re: Where is the UCH 645 for a Cabrio?

Postby twostickes2 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:53 pm

twostickes2

Re: Where is the UCH 645 for a Cabrio?

Postby twostickes2 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:53 pm

I found it!
For the benefit of others, this is how I got to it, bearing in mind this is for the Cabriolet Coupe, 2005 1.9 DCi Right Hand Drive (UK)...
In the passenger bay, open the glove box, find 3 Torx screws (T33) inside near the top edge, remove them.
On the front right of the box is a small rectangular cover, prise it open with a flat blade scrrewdriver, remove another Torx screw.
Open the passenger door, remove the plastic cable coverings near the hinge, and further up remove the end plate one the fuse box, there are two more Torx screws to remove. The glove box should now pull out.
Inside the cavity, the UCH 645 is up on the top 'ceiling', you can only see the base of it, connectors are on the other side. Remove one bolt in the centre, and the thing should drop down, and can be pulled out.
There are 6 multiconnectors once you get it out.
:D
Tony

Return to “Problems / Questions”